Research & Development
In accordance with the Japanese governmental policies and to respond to social needs, JAXA is pursuing three research and development programs: the Environment-Conscious Aircraft Technology (ECAT) Program, the Safety Technology for Aviation and Disaster-Relief (STAR) Program, and the Sky Frontier Program (SkyFrontier), while continuing to research the aeronautical sciences and basic technologies (Science & Basic Tech.) that underpin these programs and objectives, with particular emphasis on topics concerning aviation safety and its environmental impact.
- R&D of onboard safety avionics technology to prevent turbulence-induced aircraft accidents (SafeAvio)
- Distributed and Revolutionarily Efficient Air-traffic Management System (DREAMS)
- Aircraft operation technology for disaster relief (D-NET2)
- Long-endurance UAV technology
- Unmanned Airplane for Radiation Monitoring System (UARMS)
- Airframe safety management technology
Access to the findings and outcomes accumulated through our R&D activities.